Home Health Care
Residential Home Health: Market-Leader of In-Home Nursing & Therapy
By combining clinical excellence with a customer service mindset, Residential Home Health has provided BetterCare to its patients for over 11 years and has quickly become a nationally-recognized leader of home health care.
Home Health care, also known as skilled care, is a range of health care services that can be provided in the comfort of home. Medicare states, “Home health care is less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.” It is designed to help the patient gain independence and improve his or her quality of life.
Some examples of home health care services covered 100% by Medicare include:
- Wound care for pressure sores or surgical wounds
- Improvement of activities of daily living such as walking, bathing, and eating
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring of a serious illness and unstable health status
Residential Home Health’s Care Team Includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Cardiac Nurses
- Wound and Ostomy Nurses
- Medical Social Workers
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Registered Dietitians
Residential Home Health Offers the Most Innovative Clinical Programs
Cardiopulmonary Disorders: CHAMP
Residential Home Health provides the most advanced clinical programs by using the Cardiopulmonary Hospital Admit Management Program (CHAMP), incorporating Philips telehealth monitoring, cardiac rehab and behavior modifications to prevent hospital readmissions.
Orthopedic Care: Joint Replacement Home Therapy
Our orthopedic joint replacement therapy program helps patients recover faster after surgery. The program helps patients transition from the hospital to home, provides home nursing and therapy as prescribed by the physician, decreases the chance of post-surgical injury by reducing the need to travel outside the home, and prevents repeat hospital visits by identifying potential risk factors.
The program provides a dedicated care team of a patient care coordinator, post-surgical care providers and nursing services to each patient.
Fall Prevention Care: StepWise
Our fall awareness and prevention program, StepWise, increases independence and safety by improving mobility, balance and strength. The StepWise program features:
- Evaluation: Nurses and therapists conduct in-home screening to determine risks, including a nursing review of current medical conditions/medications and a occupational therapy evaluation of the home environment for potential hazards
- Exercise: Physical and occupational therapists assist patients with exercise to improve mobility, balance and strength
- Educate:Nurses and therapists teach strategies for safe fall recovery, provide reference information on preventing falls, and receive immediate notification of any fall occurrences for patients who are enrolled in the Philips Lifeline emergency response system
- Engage: Clinicians include the patient and caregiver in the care and treatment to prevent falls, preparing them to be safe even after formal care with Residential Home Health has ended
Dementia and Alzheimers Care: MindCare
Residential Home Health’s dementia care program, MindCare, increases patient participation in everyday activities and reduces caregiver stress. MindCare offers individualized treatment based upon standardized dementia assessments.
Residential Home Health uses a clinical team approach that incorporates medical social workers, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists as needed to provide the following:
- Caregiver Support and Education
- Strategies for Living with Dementia
Neurological Care: LSVT Big and LSVT LOUD
Intensive therapy programs, LSVT BIG and LOUD, help patients with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders, such as stroke and multiple sclerosis, walk and talk to their fullest potential. Residential Home Health therapists are certified in LSVT BIG and LSVT LOUD, which are innovative, successful, and drug-free treatments.
- Think Big:LSVT BIG is an intensive physical and occupational therapy program focused on large, exaggerated movements to improve balance, strength and mobility, increase quality and safety in walking, and reduce the risk of falls.
- Be Loud: LSVT Loud is an intensive voice treatment and speech therapy program focused on exaggerated the voice to restore and improve communication, increase vocal volume and enhance voice quality.
For more information on Residential Home Health services, contact a specialist at 866-902-4000 or visit our Contact Us page.
“I had unbelievable care from the nurse and therapist who cared for me. They were both knowledgeable, compassionate, and thorough. I feel very fortunate to have been cared for by both of them. Thank you so much.”
Residential Home Health Patient